We are placing a strong focus on Health Promotion, in all aspects of the word, here in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. Our school has a support teacher dedicated to Mental Health programmes which are taking place across all class levels. These range from one on one sessions to groups to whole class programmes.
Click below to see our updates and how we are working towards maintaining a positive atmosphere in our school!
- Mental Health Day - On Friday the 7th of June we celebrated Mental Health Day in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. The main themes of the day were celebrating difference and showing empathy to others. We all got to wear crazy hairstyles for the day and some of us even wore odd socks and shoes! The day began with a… Continue Reading
- Mental Health Day in Coisceím - We had an amazing day in Coiscéim last Friday. It was Mental Health/Crazy Hair day in the school and we celebrated people being different. Some of the pupils from Ms. Hennessy’s class (5th) came to Ms. Moylan’s class and were able to experience how our students learn in a different environment. They joined us for… Continue Reading
- From Drab to Fab! - The wonderful Parent Partnership Programme worked closely with the Mental Health Committee to come up with 22 Positive Slogans to cheer up our dreary stairs ! It should put a pep in our steps!!! Continue Reading
- World Autism Awareness Day – FOOTPRINTS - As part of World Autism Awareness Day (2nd April) we dressed in bright colours, watched a video which explains autism and some classes did some work around celebrating differences! The day was promoted by 'FOOTPRINTS' - a local friendship / social group for children with autism and sensory processing needs. They meet every Wednesday between 3pm… Continue Reading
- Ms Moylans Class celebrates World Autism Day - Today is a very special day for our school. It’s World Autism Awareness Day and to celebrate this day each of our pupils brought a friend from their mainstream classes to Coiscéim. They showed them our classroom and explained how we work here and the different visuals and rewards systems that we use during… Continue Reading
- FUN FAMILY HOMEWORK! - As part of our no writing homework on Thursday initiative and to improve our Well Being, we will do something with our family / guardians / childminder which is fun, free and which will make us feel good! This homework will be given on the last Thursday of every month starting this Thursday 28th February.… Continue Reading
- Happy Valentine’s Day! - We hope you all enjoyed Valentine's Day! Here in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, the Health Promoting School's Committee were busy making paper flowers to thank the office (Pat, Susan, Jerry and Cecilia) for all their hard work. There's no doubt that the school wouldn't function without them! Continue Reading
- Active School Homework - Delighted to share Active School Homework pictures!! Well done to all, hope you enjoyed the first of our Active School Homework initiative. "I went out with my old dog Beauty, for a nice run on the field." Chiara Lee out and about on his bike. Ellen went to her swimming lessons. Sonia and Sophie enjoy… Continue Reading
- The Health Promoting School Flag - In June 2018, Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh was awarded the Health Promoting School Flag. We invited the programme co-ordinator for the HSE, Margaret Crowley, to raise the flag and to speak to us about the importance of promoting positive mental health. She was really impressed with all our hard work. The children from the Health… Continue Reading
- Promotion of positive mental health - Promoting positive mental health among our pupils in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh is very important and forms an integral part of our aim to keep our Health Promoting Schools’ status. In this busy and often difficult world that we live in it is important to take some time out to focus on our mental health.… Continue Reading