We are placing a strong focus on Mental Health here in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. Our school has a support teacher dedicated to Mental Health programmes which are taking place across all class levels. These range from one on one sessions to groups to whole class programmes.
Click below to see our updates and how we are working towards maintaining a positive atmosphere in our school!
- The Health Promoting School Flag - In June 2018, Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh was awarded the Health Promoting School Flag. We invited the programme co-ordinator for the HSE, Margaret Crowley, to raise the flag and to speak to us about the importance of promoting positive mental health. She was really impressed with all our hard work. The children from the Health Continue Reading
- Promotion of positive mental health - Promoting positive mental health among our pupils in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh is very important and forms an integral part of our aim to keep our Health Promoting Schools’ status. In this busy and often difficult world that we live in it is important to take some time out to focus on our mental health. Continue Reading
- Healthy Eating - Here's some healthy food ideas to keep the mind and body in a fit state for learning!
- Parents’ Night for Children’s Mental Health -
- Mental Health - The Amber Flag/ Health promoting School’s Committee held their inaugural meeting on Friday 10th November. The committee consists of parents, a representative of the Parents Council, Teaching staff and 9 children representing 4th to 6th class. The aim of the committee is to promote positive mental health at school, at home and across the wider Continue Reading