We are placing a strong focus on Health Promotion, in all aspects of the word, here in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. Our school has a support teacher dedicated to Mental Health programmes which are taking place across all class levels. These range from one on one sessions to groups to whole class programmes.
Click below to see our updates and how we are working towards maintaining a positive atmosphere in our school!
- Rang IV Pyjama Day - As part of our reward system in Rang IV, the children chose to wear their pyjamas into school today as they had reached a certain goal in the marble jar! All ready to watch the toy show later, have fun! What better way to read a book but relaxing in your P.J.'s! Continue Reading
- FOOD DUDES IS BACK!!! - Food Dudes is back! This is a programme funded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine with support from the E.U. It aims to encourage children to eat more fruit and vegetables. Run over two phases: The first phase will see fresh fruit and vegetables packs delivered to each child every morning… Continue Reading
- Positive Phrase this Month! - Our positive phrase this month is ‘Don’t Forget to Love Yourself’. If you get an opportunity, show this phrase to your child and have a chat about the importance of always speaking kindly to themselves and remembering all the things they like about themselves – their strengths and uniqueness. Children can be reminded to always be as kind… Continue Reading
- Mental Health Committee News - Meet our wonderful MHC students, we are looking forward to a positive and fun year working together to create a friendly and happy environment for everyone in our school. After our first meeting with students,parents, SNAs and teachers we decided to introduce a positive slogan to share across the school for each month. Keep… Continue Reading
- Mental Health Day - On Friday the 7th of June we celebrated Mental Health Day in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh. The main themes of the day were celebrating difference and showing empathy to others. We all got to wear crazy hairstyles for the day and some of us even wore odd socks and shoes! The day began with a… Continue Reading
- Mental Health Day in Coisceím - We had an amazing day in Coiscéim last Friday. It was Mental Health/Crazy Hair day in the school and we celebrated people being different. Some of the pupils from Ms. Hennessy’s class (5th) came to Ms. Moylan’s class and were able to experience how our students learn in a different environment. They joined us for… Continue Reading
- From Drab to Fab! - The wonderful Parent Partnership Programme worked closely with the Mental Health Committee to come up with 22 Positive Slogans to cheer up our dreary stairs ! It should put a pep in our steps!!! Continue Reading
- World Autism Awareness Day – FOOTPRINTS - As part of World Autism Awareness Day (2nd April) we dressed in bright colours, watched a video which explains autism and some classes did some work around celebrating differences! The day was promoted by 'FOOTPRINTS' - a local friendship / social group for children with autism and sensory processing needs. They meet every Wednesday between 3pm… Continue Reading
- Ms Moylans Class celebrates World Autism Day - Today is a very special day for our school. It’s World Autism Awareness Day and to celebrate this day each of our pupils brought a friend from their mainstream classes to Coiscéim. They showed them our classroom and explained how we work here and the different visuals and rewards systems that we use during… Continue Reading
- FUN FAMILY HOMEWORK! - As part of our no writing homework on Thursday initiative and to improve our Well Being, we will do something with our family / guardians / childminder which is fun, free and which will make us feel good! This homework will be given on the last Thursday of every month starting this Thursday 28th February.… Continue Reading