Physical activity doesn’t stop at the school door and so it is important that parents and the local community play their part in ensuring that our students remain active long after the school bell has rung! We hope to keep parents up to date and to provide opportunities for pupils to link in with the local clubs and activities.
We would also love to hear from anyone in the community with further ideas on getting the school community active.
As part of our efforts to link with the community we have:
- Included information about our active school flag efforts on the school newsletter
- Carried out surveys about physical activity and physical education with parents
- Carried out surveys with pupils to find out where opportunities exist for physical activity in the community exist.
- Invited various coaches to offer taster sessions during active school week.
- Held our very first community physical activity and sports day. Numerous clubs and groups who provide physical activity opportunities in the community had stands in the hall after school to provide information to potential new members.
Information relating to local clubs and physical activity providers is detailed below. If you are aware of other clubs or groups within the Cobh region which provide physical activity opportunities please let us know and we will add their details. We encourage you all to join in on the fun by getting active and trying a new sport or physical activity.