Assembly takes place on the first Monday of every month in the school hall. This is a wonderful opportunity for the whole school to come together to pray, sing and most importantly to recognise the wonderful achievements of the students in our school during the previous month.
Every month a “Student of the month”, “Healthy eater of the month” and “Gaeilgóir na Míosa” is chosen from each class. They are then congratulated by the whole school at assembly.
The “Golden Boot” is awarded to the junior class and the senior class that made the best effort to “WOW”(Walk on Wednesday).
The “Golden Book” is awarded to the class that showed great respect while in the library and ensured that all books were returned to the correct place. This class usually shows great enthusiasm for reading too.
Ms. Flannery also takes this opportunity to acknowledge classes that have shown excellent behaviour on the yard, students will full attendance and she congratulates children that may have represented our school in activities throughout the month.
- May Award Winners - Well done to all our May award winners who were recognised at our June assembly. Such a great way to end the school year. We will hopefully be seeing them and their classmates with awards again for 2019/2020 school year! Golden Heart award winners Raffle ticket winner Continue Reading
- April Award Winners - We had another busy assembly this month. Our 2 winning tennis teams were acknowledged, we had prize winners in a recent Art competition, our confirmation classes were congratulated, 5th class and 2nd class spoke about how we should use reusable containers instead of one use plastic containers and our Science club showed their Water Rockets… Continue Reading
- March Award Winners - Well done to all our March award winners who were recognised at our April assembly. Keep up the good work boys and girls! Golden Heart award winners Raffle ticket winner Continue Reading
- Action Packed Assembly! February Award Winners - Our March Assembly which recognised our February award winners was one we won't be forgetting soon! All our Students of the month and Golden Heart winners were acknowleged, our Golden Book and Golden Book winners were announced. After this Mr. Murphy's class recited their poems for Feis Maitiú, our Green School's Committee told us about… Continue Reading
- Artist of the Month - Well done to our artistic Artists of the Month for January! Continue Reading
- January Award Winners - Congratulations to all our January awards winners! Well done and keep up the good work! Students of the month Golden Heart winners Raffle ticket winners Our Well being committee spoke about their new whole school project for our gratitude tree. Rang V gave us the results of their recent reusable bottle survey. Continue Reading
- Awards for December - Well done to the boys and girls who received awards for all their hard work during December! Keep up the good work 🙂 Continue Reading
- October Awards - Congratulations to our October Award winners. Well done also to Ms. Griffin and Ms. Downing's classes who won the junior and senior Golden Boot awards. Keep up the good work! Continue Reading
- September Awards - Our 1st Awards Assembly of the year was held today in our school hall. This year whole school awards will be given for Student of the Month and for acts of kindness (The Golden Heart). Well done to the boys and girls who received an award for September, keep up the good work! Continue Reading
- June Assembly - Our final assembly of the year took place last Friday. Children were once again acknowledged and awarded for their hard work. Members of the various school committees spoke about what they had done throughout the year. The pupils of 6th were congratulated on their 8 years in primary school and well wishes were given on… Continue Reading