In an effort to reduce paper waste and be more effective in our communication with parents we put all notifications out on our App. Sometimes, we may e-mail or text class groups with specific information about a tour etc.
We put the information out there and encourage everyone to keep up to date by downloading the app, checking their e-mails and / or looking at the website and notices below.
Our Parents’ Council kindly share any app information on their Facebook page too.
- Keyboard Lessons in School - Continue Reading
- Designer Minds - Designer Minds Primary Science, Design & Technology Clubs are here! These weekly, 1-hour-long clubs are suitable for all girls & boys from 1st to 6th class and deliver the STEAM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Maths) through lots of fun activities, challenges and experiments. “Melissa and Darragh loved Designer Minds and it was the highlight of their week. They came… Continue Reading
- World Autism Awareness Day – FOOTPRINTS - As part of World Autism Awareness Day (2nd April) we dressed in bright colours, watched a video which explains autism and some classes did some work around celebrating differences! The day was promoted by 'FOOTPRINTS' - a local friendship / social group for children with autism and sensory processing needs. They meet every Wednesday between 3pm… Continue Reading
- Ms Moylans Class celebrates World Autism Day - Today is a very special day for our school. It’s World Autism Awareness Day and to celebrate this day each of our pupils brought a friend from their mainstream classes to Coiscéim. They showed them our classroom and explained how we work here and the different visuals and rewards systems that we use during… Continue Reading
- February Newsletter! - Continue Reading
- FUN FAMILY HOMEWORK! - As part of our no writing homework on Thursday initiative and to improve our Well Being, we will do something with our family / guardians / childminder which is fun, free and which will make us feel good! This homework will be given on the last Thursday of every month starting this Thursday 28th February.… Continue Reading
- Internet Safety and Phones - Many students have received phones, tablets and other devices over the Christmas period. It is the school’s duty to remind parents that we have a policy on mobile phones / electronic devices in the school. They should not be brought to school. If for any reason a phone is necessary then a permission slip is… Continue Reading
- Flu Virus - Personal Hygiene With the increase in vomiting bug and flu virus at the moment, the school is asking that parents be vigilant and not send children to school if they are unwell. We all know how important personal hygiene is, especially in relation to hand-washing after using the bathroom and before eating. With the H1N1… Continue Reading
- Designer Minds - Primary Science, Design & Technology Club Starting Soon in Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh! Designer Minds Primary Science, Design & Technology after-school clubs, for 1st to 6th class, will help your child develop skills and confidence in the subjects which will shape their future: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Maths (STEAM), all while having great FUN!… Continue Reading
- Simon Christmas Jumper Appeal!! - Ms. Thompson's 5th class are helping to organise the school's Simon Christmas Jumper Day appeal. We are hoping to raise lots of money for the homeless people of Cork. Collection boxes will be placed in all the classrooms and in the staffroom and office on Friday 21st DEC. We are hoping that staff and pupils will… Continue Reading