We tried to make slime one day in class (Pics 2, 3, 4) but this didn’t work out well for us…
We used the following ingredients: PVA glue, baking soda, paint and contact lens solution (activator). We are not sure why this didn’t work, we think that we didn’t use the right amount of the ingredients or we didn’t mix them in the right order. The texture of our slime was not very consistent so we were a bit disappointed but we had fun making it anyway.
The following day, we asked Mr. Duggan (2nd Class) if he could send some “slime experts” to buddy up with our class to make slime again.
This time we used: PVA glue, food colorant and liquid detergent (activator). Mr. Duggan’s pupils were fantastic and explained the steps to our class (Pics 4, 5, 6, 7). We got it right this time and had a ball playing with the slime after! (Pic 1)
We learned that in Science things don’t always work out the way you expect and you may need to try again!